Long Term Care
Boothwyn Pharmacy is a PCAB Accredited Pharmacy which specializes in servicing Managed Care, Long Term Care (LTC)/Assisted Living Facilities as well as Independent Living Facilities (ILF). Boothwyn Pharmacy has provided quality healthcare solutions since 1933 and maintains a state-of-the-art compounding laboratory for specialty and veterinary medications. Boothwyn Pharmacy recently launched a new mobile application to focus on the "patient-centric" model of pharmacy business.
Mission Statement: To create a highly dynamic and responsive team that always puts the patientís healthcare first.
Boothwyn Pharmacy provides outpatients pharmacy services to the following long term care centers:
- Managed Care Facilities
- Long Term Care
- Assisted Living
- Independent Living Facilities
- Continuing Care Communities
- Disabilities and Special Needs
- Residential Care
- Mental Health
Long Term Care Services
The delivery of pharmacy services in the Long Term Care setting demands accuracy; efficiency in cost, time, and distribution, as well as a solid understanding of the range and goals of the care provided to residents. This is the foundation on which Boothwyn Pharmacy has established its professional comprehensive pharmacy.
Boothwyn Pharmacy uses Parata PASS Technology which prepackages each patients medications in easy to use and understand packets. Most LTC/ALF/ILF patientís are managing chronic illnesses and taking multiple medications a day. Parata PASS strip packaging organizes all of a patientís medications by date and time of dose, so itís easy to see all of the medications a patient is taking and when itís time for the next dose. They come in rolls with tear-off packages that are arthritic-approved for easy opening.
Strip packaging can:
- Help reduce hospital readmissions with better medication management.
- Improve medication adherence and patient outcomes.
- Extend independence for patients managing chronic conditions at home
- Ease the burden on caregivers to manage medications and ensure they are taken at the right time
- At the core of our pharmacy is the expertise and direction of Boothwyn Pharmacy's resource network, a team of diverse professionals who are proficient in the delivery of long term pharmacy.
Boothwyn Pharmacy provides:
- Clinical Consultant Pharmacists
- Computerized Analysis and Reporting
- Cost-Containment Programs
- Quality Improvement Programs
- Staff Education Programs
- State and Federal Regulation Compliance
- Tailored Medical Records
Understanding the diverse needs of a provider, Boothwyn Pharmacy offers:
- A comprehensive list of pharmaceutical products:
- Onsite Clinical Consulting Services
- Competitive Prices
- Emergency Medication Support 7 Days a Week, 24 Hours a Day
- Medical Supplies and Equipment
- Specialized Medication Packaging
- Timely Delivery
To assist in cost reduction, Boothwyn Pharmacy uses a variety of pharmaceutical strategies including:
- Drug Utilization Reviews
- Generic Substitution
- Therapeutic Drug Substitution
- Geriatric Specific Formulary Management
- Pre-Admission Drug Screening