Sales Representative - Compounding Pharmacy
Candidates MUST have at least 2 years prior Sales/Pharmaceutical Sales experience. At least 3 years of Pharmacy, Compounding Pharmacy, or related industry experience is preferred.
We are seeking entrepreneurial candidates with a BA/BS with existing relationships with Physicians in the Philadelphia and surrounding area. Candidates must know how to reach beyond traditional pharmacy and healthcare and exhibits passion for serving our doctors, patients and growing our specialty pharmacy business. The successful candidate must possess strong interpersonal, teamwork, organizational and workload planning skills.
The ideal candidate would have already worked in pharmacy and have experience in outside Sales in Compounding Pharmacy and Customer Service. Along with compounding pharmacy experience, we will look to existing team building, presentation, research and high level of professionalism, communication and overwhelming interest with our business and healthcare community.
*Responds to customer, doctor’s office, patients via telephone, while meeting all corporate guidelines and performance standards.
*Demonstrates appropriate customer-care skills such as empathy, active listening, courtesy, politeness, helpfulness and other skills as identified.
*Records, investigates and resolves member complaints as detailed in the Grievance Procedure narrative.
*Recommends new ideas for growth and development of sales.
*Logs, tracks and appropriately documents all issues utilizing on-line systems and procedures, and in accordance with all applicable guidelines and requirements.
*Demonstrates based behaviors such as initiative, accountability and value.
*Performs skills necessary to create a high-quality customer experience.
*Proactively generate sales for new customers in a timely manner via cold calling and follow-up from sales leads.
*Demonstrate thorough knowledge of the organization’s Pharmaceutical products and services.
*Qualify, engage, validate customers’ needs and close opportunities using strong interpersonal skills.
*Sell in accordance with company policy, procedures and culture while implementing corporate sales POA.
*Use of CRM to consistently provide strong customer follow-up and weekly progress reports to sales management.
*Must have at least 2 years of prior Sales/Pharmaceutical Sales experience or practical work experience.
*At least 3 years of Pharmacy or related Industry experience is preferred.
*A Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
*Candidates must have a Driver’s License in good standing without recent infractions.
*Proven ability for excellence in customer service/Sales.
*Strong written and verbal communication skills and an ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
*Ability to multi-task, good organizational and time management skills.
*Ability to work with all levels of management.
*Ability to act on feedback provided by showing ownership of his or her own development.
*Ability to read, analyze, and interpret verbal and written instructions.
*Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from members.
*Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
*Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting.
*Proficiency in Salesforce.com or other CRM software and reporting.
*Knowledge of email systems such as Microsoft Outlook sufficient to communicate with both internal and external contacts.
*Knowledge of Word and/or Excel sufficient to enter data.
*Knowledge of working within a database.
Boothwyn Pharmacy is a PCAB, ACHC, URAC and NABP Accredited Pharmacy, specializing in serving the specialty, custom compounding and veterinary patient. Boothwyn Pharmacy has provided quality healthcare solutions since 1933 and maintains a state-of-the-art compounding laboratory for specialty and veterinary medications.
Boothwyn Pharmacy's focus on their "patient-centric" model of pharmacy business. We put the patient first by offering modern conveniences with our Mobile Application, online refills and free enrollment in our Med-Sync program. Expanding its services, Boothwyn Pharmacy now provides: Traditional Pharmacy Services, Durable Medical Equipment and Supplies, Specialty, Infusion and Compounded Medications for Patients, Doctors and Veterinarians.
Compounding Pharmacy: 2 years
Compounding Pharmacy Technician (Certified)
Boothwyn Pharmacy – Kennett Square, PA
We are seeking a unique individual with a positive disposition that knows how to reach beyond traditional pharmacy and healthcare and exhibits passion for serving our doctors, patients and growing our compounding pharmacy business. The ideal candidate would have already worked in veterinary medicine or pharmacy, preferably in compounding pharmacy or the pharma industry.
Who we are looking for:
- A genuine team player who leads with actions not just words.
- A punctual, dependable, positive professional with a “Can Do” attitude.
- Takes pride in all work, stressing accuracy, precision and integrity of work performed.
- Thrive in a ‘fast-paced’ environment, requiring standing and moving for long periods of time.
- Demonstrates unwavering ability to follow very specific procedures and guidelines
- Possesses strong basic math skills such as averages, percentages, and ratios
- Utilize math skills and operate lab equipment to mix the medication
- Maintain careful documentation and exercise quality control to ensure quality product is produced consistently.
- Demonstrates a methodical and disciplined approach to all assigned work.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Function within the limits of the law and Boothwyn Pharmacy policies and procedures. This includes HIPAA regulations.
- Correctly read prescription, interpret physician intent, and process prescription in The Compounder system in a precise, efficient manner.
- Prepare correct formula log sheet for standard items. Non-standard items should be referred to the Compounding Pharmacist.
- Accurately and efficiently compound orders following formulas. This includes mixing, packaging, labeling, and associated record keeping. Present order and supporting items to pharmacist in an ordered, logical manner for final check prior to dispensing.
- Clean and maintain equipment following daily, monthly & annual procedures.
- Work with pharmacist to maintain ingredient, equipment and batched product inventories at acceptable levels
- Understand and perform order check-in/return/reorder process without need for supervision or follow- up.
- Conduct oneself in a manner upholding the moral and ethical practice of pharmacy.
- Provide prompt, friendly service to the clients, handle patient complaints in a caring and efficient manner.
- Exhibit proper telephone procedures at all times. This includes answering phones within 3 rings.
- Be properly attired in clean scrubs and wear appropriate safety equipment per Boothwyn Pharmacy standard operating procedures.
- Work to maintain a safe, clean workplace and demonstrate an understanding of emergency/disaster plans.
- Perform other tasks and duties assigned by Pharmacist Manager Compounding Division to assist in the smooth, efficient operation of the lab.
Desired Skills & Experience
Education: High School Diploma Required. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a Health Science related field is preferred
Experience: 2+ years pharmacy or veterinary practice related industry experience is required or 1+ year compounding experience (preferred)
Licenses/Certifications: Certified Pharmacy Technician Required (PCTB or CPhT) IS REQUIRED
- Ability to handle multiple tasks within prescribed timeframes.
- Ability to work and communicate well with pharmacist, health care professionals, patients, peers and superiors in a cordial and professional manner.
- Ability to take initiative to efficiently and accurately fulfill the duties and responsibilities of position.
- Must be detail-oriented and inclined to make few mistakes.
- Must be committed to close follow-up and completion of all assigned tasks.
- Must possess a basic understanding of Microsoft Office software, QS-1, Compounder
- Ability to operate basic office equipment such as copier, fax, telephone
Measurements of Performance:
- All of the above tasks and duties are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Customer Service is courteous, prompt, and accurate.
- Demonstrated teamwork and initiative.
This position requires the employee to be in good physical condition. The employee will perform light to moderate lifting (40 pounds or less to waist level) and carrying with some stooping or crouching to pick up items. The employee must have the visual acuity to see clearly up close and read on paper and the computer smaller fonts (10 to 12 point) and to safely operate a vehicle. Excellent listening skills are required in order to efficiently gather information from patients and clients and communicate the information to other staff and/or healthcare providers. Above average speaking skills are required to effectively communicate with other staff, patients and healthcare providers/coordinators. The employee will sit, stand and walk throughout the day depending on the task(s) being performed.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $20.00 per hour
Required license or certification: